2015-08-15: Incursion 0.6.9Y19 released.
An updated download is available Issue 207: Incursion domain names finished transferring from Julian.
2015-04-15: A licensing update from Julian.
Hi, folks, this is Julian Mensch writing though the website is now being maintained by Richard Tew. I wanted to make one final official statement about Incursion. It's been brought to my attention that the Creative Commons licenses are not very suitable for software, so I'm offering all the code that I originally offered under other licenses as well.
- All of the Incursion source released by Julian Mensch to date is hereby dual-licensed under the BSD 3-Clause License, and the Apache 2.0 License and the Expat License.
- The code also remains licensed under the CC license, as it has been released as such and thus is impossible to revoke. However, future developers are warned that this license may be legally ambiguous for software.
- I disavow all legal rights associated with the small supply of customized ASCII characters used by the game (the elf, dwarf, halfling, etc.) icons and release them under the same licenses as above to whatever extent I'm legally able to do so. The original glyphs are a screencap of a Microsoft font, however, so my ability to license them is dubious. I would recommend that developers that want to cross legal T's and dot legal I's make new, similar glyphs from an open-license console font.
- Permission is granted to any developers to consolidate the copyright notices at the start of each file to include documentation of their own development work. I can be credited as "Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Julian Mensch".
- Anyone that wants to verify that this relicensing is legitimate is welcome to e-mail me (email@example.com). I no longer use Google services under my real name due to privacy concerns and have deleted my old accounts, hence why there is no post on the discussion group (by me directly, at least) about this relicensing.